TD Notices for West of England Online Swiss Teams
Hello everyone to the West of England Greenpointed Swiss Teams
The format on BBO is Danish style which means that assignments for next rounds are made purely on rankings. So if you rank next to the team you have already played you may play them again.
But don’t worry if you win you’ll get match won greenpoints whoever you beat!
Today we are delighted to welcome 66 teams to this competition – we will play 7 x 6 board matches, stopping for a 40 min break after 4 matches we will advise time
Danish means there may be re-matches! We don’t have a way to avoid it.
Your directors today will Ian Mitchell(imitch), Maurizio Di Sacco(ibex), Jose Julio Curado(rabbi) and Nicole (Nicoletd).
We have a bunch of please dos to help you all have a fair, competitive game.
- Please self-alert and explain all conventional calls
- Please always ask for explanations by clicking on the call only – ie refrain from using private chat to an oppo. We do not condone entrapment queries (ie do not ask the partner for explanations ever!)
- This is a NO UNDO game – sorry but if you misclick or play it’s tough. Avoid mis-clicking by turning on your confirm bid in your profile.
- Ethically please know that we are watching, we trust you all, until you prove we cannot – do not be alarmed if we contact you to query an action – be polite visitors to virtual Surrey – we are all in each other homes today, so act as if you are the best house guests ever!
- You can tell us about hesitations but online they mean many things and are almost never what they are face-to-face.