How to Register for Congress Pairs
Before Saturday please do make sure we have your correct username by checking the entry list.
To register on Friday 11th September:
- Agree a time with your partner and both login to BBO at the same time.(Please know that TDs cannot promise to get you into the game if you try to register only in the last 15 minutes before game time).
- At the agreed time, go to https://www.bridgebase.com and click on the LOGIN/REGISTER button. You will need to have already created a BBO account and submitted your username to the event organiser.
- Select “Competitive”, then select “All Tournaments”
- Search using “NIBU” and select “NIBU Mixed Pairs” (the “Search Box” sits at the top right of your screen visual above the list of Tournaments)
- Click on the Title name text of your chosen event and this brings up the Register tab
- One player invites the other. Do this by typing partner’s BBO username into the space then click “Invite”
- Now partner will receive the invite and must click “YES” to accept
- YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
You will see both partnership names listed in the Entries tab.
REMEMBER – COMPLETE THIS STEP at least 15 minutes before game time, or you might not play.
- At this point, you can both go offline, or move to the CASUAL area of BBO.
REMEMBER For every game But YOU MUST BE ONLINE AND in the COMPETITIVE area of BBO at game start time of the system (ie if you decide to play some Casual Bridge in the interim, you will need to then Logoff and Login again before the Competitive game starts).
- Log back online and wait to play; cards will appear automatically at game time.
- Results will be published on your organiser’s website and you can also look for them in your History tab during play.
Registration will open at 5.00pm on Friday 11th September 2020. So that we can start on time, it will close at 6.45pm. At that time entered players not registered will cause the tournament start to be delayed and may be deemed too late to play.
The cost is $5.00 BBO dollars per session. The system will check when you register to make sure you have sufficient funds attached to your BBO username for the system to collect payment at each session’s game time. Please ensure you have purchased BBO dollars before you register on Saturday, and that partner has done the same.
This event will be run as an active ethics game. There will be zero tolerance for unethical activity. Equally we ask players to be extremely respectful of each other – remembering that online what may be a joke to one person, or a quick rush for a cuppa break, may appear totally different to those on the receiving end.
This is Mixed Pairs and intended as a fun, social experience. Nonetheless, we ask you to have a mild number of agreements at least, and be willing to share them as you say hi when you start a new round.
The TDs are pragmatic, but will not have sympathy for complaints that show little tolerance or others.