Freelance independent bridge director
for online or face to face games
My safe playing room
I am doing my best to make the playing room a safe place to play. To that end these are the measures I will take and hope you will feel confident to relax and play well.
- There will be no cash in the playing room. Hopefully you are all OK to pay by credit card or bank transfer (we will explain how ahead of a game)
- There will be a bidding box unopened on your table – it is yours for the session to keep and carry with you to each new table. If you have your own you are welcome to bring and use it.
- There will be more sets of boards in play, so fewer pairs of hands will touch your cards.
- Please be diligent to sanitise your hands regularly and avoid putting the cards near your face.
- The tables will be well spaced so moving pairs can so conscious to social distance.
- You are encouraged to use your own phone (or ipad) to enter scores and view rankings using the scoring APP (FREE for players) (click here for details). The App does access the internet, and creates personal scorecards so you do not need to keep score with a pen. If you wish to do so, please bring your own pen and take a personal score card from the setup table. The deal files display at the end of play so no hand records will be printed.
- Please keep everything except cards off the table during play.
- Please be courteous and mindful to avoid encroaching into your opponents’ space at the table.
- As the Director, I will not typically wear a mask, but will aim to minimise time at the table. Please know that corrections to scores can be done on a device away from the table, so it is sufficient to explain, then refresh your device when instructed.
- I commit to providing simultaneously run linked games online where there are sufficient numbers of entered players who are unable to attend for whatever reason. Games will usually be merged at the end of play.
- It is my expectation that players take their own responsibility for respecting each other. Particularly adhering to all instructions and guidelines that are only designed to give everybody the same feeling of comfort and confidence regarding perceptions. ie Please do not ask me to act as cleaner, policeman or marshall (these roles are very definitely not my forte!)
This is the scoring tool I use to run games. If you are needing to borrow a device, I can bring extras – please tell me.
ibeSCORE is a version of the BRIAN scorer. You can use either.
Just look for the FREE Brian App logo in the Apple Store, or search the ibeSCORE logo at Google Play
ibeSCORE (Google Play) Android phone or tablet
(Apple Store) ipad or iphone
The system is quite intuitive when you get started – but we invite you to watch this short video before you play. It’s really easy and safe!
Results of every game I score are uploaded here automatically – so players will earn reward points just for playing.
Online players can always enjoy games daily – 18 boards with UNDOs and kibitzers permitted. Our TD team is second to none and there is always a robot if you need a partner.
Look for: ibex_1 or ibex_6 games at 10am and 8pm
Ask me if you would like a game – diary permitting I would be delighted to play.