TD Notices Online Swiss Pairs
Hello everyone to the Surrey Greenpointed Swiss Pairs(Danish style).
Danish style means that assignments for next rounds are made purely on matchpoint placings. So if you rank next to the pair you have already played you will play them again.
Today we are delighted to welcome 120 pairs to this competition – we will play 7 x 7 board matches, stopping for a one hour break after 4 matches (about 3.15pm). Danish means there will be re-matches! We don’t have a way to avoid it.
Your directors today will Sarah Amos(s_amos) Ian Mitchell(imitch) Maurizio Di Sacco(ibex) and Nicole (Nicoletd).
We have a bunch of please dos to help you all have a fair, competitive game. Sarah will run you through them and we will post a reminder link.
- Please self-alert and explain all conventional calls
- Please always ask for explanations by clicking on the call only – ie refrain from using private chat to an oppo. We do not condone entrapment queries (ie do not ask the partner for explanations ever!)
- This is an UNDO game – so if asked for an UNDO at any time accept it immediate the request appears – if you think it could be other than a misclick simply call the TD after you have accepted the UNDO request. Again the TDs will not condone undos based on misinformation of unauthorised information, but will adjust accordingly if UNDOs were not accepted when asked.
- Ethically please know that we are watching, we trust you all, until you prove we cannot – do not be alarmed if we contact you to query an action – be polite visitors to virtual Surrey – we are all in each other homes today, so act as if you are the best house guests ever!
- You can tell us about hesitations but online they mean many things and are almost never what they are face-to-face.